General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
General Information about GDPR regulation (EU 2016/679)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. When the GDPR takes effect, it will replace the 1995 Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC).
It was adopted on 27 April 2016. It becomes enforceable from 25 May 2018, after a two-year transition period.
GDPR Key Changes - Data Subject Rights:
- Breach Notification
- Right to Access
- Right to be Forgotten
- Data Portability
- Privacy by Design
- Data Protection Officers
Please refer to GDPR Key Changes: www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html for detailed information.
Who does the GDPR affect?
The GDPR not only applies to organisations located within the EU but it will also apply to organisations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, EU data subjects. It applies to all companies processing and holding the personal data of data subjects residing in the European Union, regardless of the company’s location.
What constitutes personal data?
Any information related to a natural person or ‘Data Subject’, that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address.
Please refer to GDPR FAQs: www.eugdpr.org/gdpr-faqs.html for more information.
General Information about data collected by EE2.eu
We take your privacy very seriously. EE2.eu collects only absolutely necessary data to identify users, only when needed. All EE2.eu Servers are located within the Euopean Union countries. EE2.eu doesn't cooperate with any companies and doesn't share any user's data to third party.
- EE2.eu website (https://ee2.eu)
- EE2.eu Forums (https://forum.ee2.eu)
- EE2.eu Multiplayer Lobby for Empire Earth 2
- EE2.eu MonaNAT Servers (https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/help/#monanat)
- EE2.eu Unofficial Patch 1.6 for Empire Earth 2
EE2.eu website: IP addressess of visitors are stored in access/error logs to calculate number of visits. Those logs are cleared automatically after maximum 48 hours. We also use "Google Analytics" and "Google AdSense" to monitor website activity and display ads. Using the new settings provided by Google we configured it to automatically remove all user's data after 14 months.
EE2.eu Forums: You can manage your personal information and the other data at forum.ee2.eu in the "User Control Panel".
EE2.eu Multiplayer Lobby: The Multiplayer Lobby databases only store data of registered users. This is: email address used during registration, hashed password, profile name. Additionally IP address and Unique ID (based on computer hardware) is used to identify users. This is necessary to prevent abuses (accounts spam) and manage bans for users who break rules. You have rights to control your Multiplayer account data at: www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/accounts/
EE2.eu MonaNAT Servers: MonaNAT Servers don't store any personal information in any database. The IP address information (used to accept traffic from specified users) is erased after 5 minutes of user inactivity.
EE2.eu Unofficial Patch 1.6 for Empire Earth 2:
- KeepAlive Database: EE2.eu KeepAlive database is used to count the current number of online players and share information between the UP1.6 Launcher and the Multiplayer Lobby. For stability reasons the Launcher and the game process are separated. To identify user's Minor Version we use IP addressess which are stored in a "Memory" KeepAlive database. It means that no data is written to the hard drive. The content of the "Memory" database is permanently deleted after Server restart or maximum 5 minutes after the last request from an user is received.
- News window with personalized warnings: The UP1.6 Launcher sends hardware / current configuration information to EE2.eu "News" script. The script generates personalized information / warnings if it finds the adequate text (for example incompatible graphics card name). Data received by the "News" script is never stored at the EE2.eu Server.
- Support Chat: Support Chat database stores sent messages, Unique ID (generated from the hashed computer hardware information), and the nickname inserted to the "Name" field.
- Statistics / Crash Reports: Statistics system is an optional feature which can be disabled at any time. To learn how to disable it, please read: https://www.ee2.eu/statistics/#aboutstats
For detailed information about the data collected in the Statistics / Crash Reports databases, please read: this post.
When option "Help to improve the patch by sending anonymous usage statistics" is unchecked, the data is still sent to EE2.eu (used for the KeepAlive/News scripts), but with additional information to not store it on the Server. This information is fully respected by the statistics/crash report scripts. Statistics database stores user's Unique ID (checksums of hashed computer hardware IDs, generated by the Launcher using an unique method). This Unique ID can not be used to identify the "real" person.
I want to use the Right to Access / Right to be Forgotten
Please feel free to contact the EE2.eu Administrator via email: easywinclan (at) gmail (dot) com. Please remember that if your request is related to your Multiplayer or Forum account - you need to use the email address which you used during the account registration. You will also have to provide your real name and prove that you're within the European Union. After successful verification you will be able to send the "Right to Access" / "Right to be Forgotten" forms. We recommend to update your data using automated methods listed above, because the verification process is complicated and according to GDPR might take up to 1 month.